A clerkship opportunity is available for a law student in your penultimate year.
Our Clerkship Program will expose you to the fast pace of a full-service law firm and show you the law in action. You will be working under the guidance of highly experienced solicitors.
The Summer Clerkship program aims to
- Assist law students to develop professional knowledge and skills within a fast-paced legal environment; and
- Provide the firm with the opportunity to recruit suitable, trained and qualified lawyers.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Some of the work you will be involved in include:
- Assisting the senior lawyers on their matters;
- Assisting on mediations and conciliations;
- Preparing letters to clients;
- Research tasks directly relevant to matters that you will be assisting; and
- Taking initial instructions from clients (under supervision).
You will also be trained in practice management and administration systems, which are valuable skills for future employment, including:
- Using legal software;
- Answering phone calls;
- Assisting with file management; and
- General administration tasks.
We offer both paid and unpaid Clerkship positions. We provide assistance with finding accommodation.
Our program runs from:
- December 2021 to February 2022
All applications to be emailed to email@example.com no later than Friday, 30 July 2021.